[TriLUG] TriLUGnet (was New to the area now, and DSL issues)

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 23:40:38 EDT 2008

Also the closest, and most massive, Internet direct exchange takes place in
a parking garage in Tyson's Corner, VA, just outside of D.C..  I'm sure it's
changed since the last time I was there and worked in the funky comm
room/data center located in an unassuming parking garage but all major
carriers join their massive pipes just outside of D.C. hence in the
"shortest biggest open pipe first" routing scenario D.C. is very close in
terms of bandwidth and real throughput between peering ISPs.

Greg