[TriLUG] Joomla docman error

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:41:37 EDT 2008

I have been called in to fix an error message on a joomla site running
docman.  The whole purpose of the site is to serve documents based on an
individual login.  When anyone logs into the site (including the
administrator) the following error is returned:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ''
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/
new.umlegacypartners.org/components/com_docman/docman.php on line 13

This is Joomla 1.0.x (latest) running in a CentOS 5.x box.  I am completely
stumped and this website is down.  The site used to work but it quit, and
the web person didn't tell me for months.  Now I have no idea what change
could have broken it and they don't know joomla that well.  Either way, it's
my responsibility to fix it.  I googled on this error and didn't find much
about it.  Any help would be most appreciated.  Thanks!