[TriLUG] Off topic: Side work

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:03:55 EDT 2008

I'm sure quite  a few of you do side work so I wanted to ask two questions:

1)  is there any good place to look for people that need work done?  I'm not
looking for web work which I can find all over Craig's List, I am more so
looking for networking or pc, possibly server setup stuff/break-fix.  My
skill level is not as advanced as some of you, but I'm at a point where I
can start picking up side jobs and figuring things out on my own.  also, I
cant do this work during the day, so I'm sure that will rule out looking for
work from some small businesses.

2)  I was just offered 10 bucks to re-image 4 computers from a daycare (no,
not even 10 bucks a pop)  how many of you receive insulting offers like
this... or is it just me?

Thanks for any advice

Jason