[TriLUG] Off topic: Side work

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Oct 25 10:41:26 EDT 2008

On Thursday 23 October 2008 05:03:55 pm Jason Watts wrote:

> 2)  I was just offered 10 bucks to re-image 4 computers from a daycare (no,
> not even 10 bucks a pop)  how many of you receive insulting offers like
> this... or is it just me?

Bad faith bargainers are everywhere. I've had fools offer $50.00 for my
JobSecurity.Com domain name.

My favorite occurred during the "pc revolution" -- maybe 1990. My buddy Bill
and I stood in a line at an XBASE convention. The guy in front of me heard me
discussing C programming.

He turned to me and said "could you write me a word processor program?"

I said "Anything's possible to program, but that's a huge job. Why don't you
just use WordPerfect?"

His response: "I'd have to pay $249 to buy WordPerfect!"

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US