[TriLUG] Apache SSL Questions/Help

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Mon Oct 27 14:43:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Michael Peters <mpeters at plusthree.com> wrote:
>> 2.  Can I have multiple certificates on the server for different virtual hosts?
>
> Yes as long as they all have different IP addresses. SSL is an IP based protocol and doesn't work
> with named virtual hosts.

Firefox will give a warning if the cert is issued for one domain but
being used for another.

If free is your priority and time is short, do self-signed, If you
want a cert that is closer to what you would buy but takes some time
and effort, investigate CAcert. If you're willing to pay, Comodo had
the best prices the last time I looked.

Several TriLUG folks are CAcert assurers, so ping back on this list if
you decide to go down that road.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But