[TriLUG] Apache SSL Questions/Help

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Mon Oct 27 16:33:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 02:43:24PM -0400, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:

> If free is your priority and time is short, do self-signed, If you
> want a cert that is closer to what you would buy but takes some time
> and effort, investigate CAcert. If you're willing to pay, Comodo had

Thank you, Cristobal.  As one of those assurers, let me put in another
plug for CAcert.  There is also ( and has been for some time ) a move
afoot to get CAcert certificates recognized automatically by Mozilla
browsers, such as Firefox.

Alternatively, if you have a smallish, reasonably captive audience, they
can download and install the CAcert root certificate into their browsers
and thereby eliminate the warning.

Brian