[TriLUG] TigerDirect is having problems

Brian Daniels bitmage at pobox.com
Wed Oct 29 15:00:16 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:16:35PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> I've never understood why East Coast Geeks have Frys envy. On the California
> Coast, every computer vendor is better than the best we have on the East
> coast. Frys might be a little cheaper than most, but be sure to bring your
> bail money and have your criminal lawyer's phone number in your wallet.

Because we have nothing like that here.  You were buying a tapedrive.  I know of
nowhere in the Triangle that you can get such a beast (AIT, at least) or even
blank tapes.

Everything is mail order.  Need it today?  Too bad.

After CompUSA died, Intrex and a few mom-and-pop shops are all that's left.
They're great to have, but they can't stock but so much inventory.

It's the difference between poor service, and no options at all.

(But we're getting a TechShop, so maybe there's hope after all!)

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at pobox.com
      http://www.eviloverlord.net