[TriLUG] Job Opening
mfreeze at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:50:26 EST 2008
We have another opening at AccuDoc. This one may fit a little better with
some folks in the group that are looking for work. Basically, we are
looking for someone who can work with all of our systems, do some Bash &
Perl scripting, and handle basic sysadmin duties. This is an immediate need
so we can't do any training on this one.
We use OpenBSD for our firewalls and a couple of web servers. We use Ubuntu
for all of our file & job servers. And, we use a mix of XP and Vista for
desktops and most of our other software.
Some of the things you might be asked to do:
- Get together a list of stuff we need to buy for a new server to do
$TASK. Purchase it, install Ubuntu, rig up the LAMP, and get it ready for
us to put in production.
- Look at existing Perl scripts and modify them according to a set of
- Automate some tasks with Bash scripts.
- Install Vista & get it working with the rest of the network.
- Learn our printing systems and help support them. (Xerox Production
Printers w/Sun Blade controllers)
- Figure out 'things' - Sometimes on your own...
- Basic sysadmin stuff with some light programming thrown in...
We are currently located in North Raleigh, near the intersection of 540 &
Capital. However, we are moving to Morrisville in January. (Near the point
where Aviation crosses over Lake Crabtree.)
The 'official' job posting is at
I don't know if 'Junior System Administrator' is the best title, but... I
was in a hurry.
Send me an email at mfreeze at accudocsolutions.com if you are interested in
this position. Keep in mind that we are looking to hire quickly, so
relocating won't be an option for this position.
More information about the TriLUG