[TriLUG] System updates (pilot outage) - Tuesday Nov 18 2008 19:30 eastern

John Berninger john at ncphotography.com
Fri Nov 14 17:21:46 EST 2008

Folks -

Pilot (aka login.trilug.org) has some critical security updates that
need to be applied to it.  We will be applying these updates and
rebooting the server (yes, the kernel is getting updated as well) this
coming Tuesday evening, Nov 18 2008, at approximately 19:30 (7:30 pm)
eastern.  Please be aware that services may not be available until as
late as 20:30 (8:30pm), although we're hoping for a much shorter
interruption.  Please also be aware that even if the system appears to
be back online shortly after 19:30, it may undergo another reboot before
it's really back depending on where in the process we are.

Thanks for your attention.

--
John

Dovei'andi se tovya sagain.