[TriLUG] asterisk question

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:02:04 EST 2008

on the cheap side I believe there is a solution using a Linksys NSLU2
and asterisk.
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Linksys+NSLU2
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/
I believe it is a popular application with the "Slug" crowd

For about $1k you can get a pre-installed Asterisk voip pbx at "the voip
connection"
http://www.thevoipconnection.com/store/catalog/

They call it a VS-1. You upgrade by swapping out a CF card.
Setup is performed by pointing a browser to the pbx and making changes
using html pages .
We took a look at this at the work place about a year ago.
The cost includes about 10 hours of support for setup.

Of course if money is no object then try the cisco solution (about $10-15K).

73,
Neil,WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!
www.jars.net