[TriLUG] Wireless Router Recommendations

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Nov 19 11:24:38 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:

> I have the router and wap as separate boxes.

> Alternatively you could get something small and fanless to
> act as your router. Where I used to live I did this with a
> Soekris Net4501. Soekris has a Net4801 bundle on their
> website that would more than meet your needs for $278.00:

I use an old 75 MHz PC as the router. It has the fw rules,
squid, named, dhcpd.

If I'd wanted to do a bang up job for a customer (rather
than myself) I would have used a Soekris. It's smaller and
takes up less room at the customer's site. However it would
have cost money and I had the PC already. Other people are
using NSLU2 in this role.

Joe