[TriLUG] twm simple question, I hope?

Mike Norwood norwoodm at embarqmail.com
Thu Nov 20 12:15:43 EST 2008

Thanks,  I will take a look at this and see if I can turn off about
everything.

Mike

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, [UTF-8] Cristóbal Palmer wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Mike Norwood <norwoodm at embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  The situation is that we already have a Cobol
> (yes, Cobol) program that brings us to the point of scanning.  It is
> really easy at this point to turn it over to a shell which calls the
> display program to show the picture.  I can actually get it to work easily
> using gnome-session instead of twm, but by default it loads a lot of extra
> stuff that we don't really want or need on that screen.  Maybe I can just
> mess around with making a very limited gnome startup file

In gnome, you can go to System -> Preferences -> Sessions and tweak
the startup from there. A stripped-down gnome can be pretty lean. You
should also check out pessulus:

http://www.linux.com/feature/62060

which will let you lock down a user.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But