[TriLUG] Not Linux: Anyone else feeling the pain?

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Fri Nov 21 14:45:36 EST 2008

At 6:56am -0500 on Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Warren Myers wrote:
> We used to have one of those, iirc - it was something like "
> trilug-jobs at trilug.org". I believe it was discontinued because too few
> people subscribed to it compared to the "real" list.

My initial reaction to "too few people subscribed to it" is "duh".  It
would make sense that list would be populated by:

- those who need a job
- those who hire
- those who headhunt

If you don't fall in those categories, it's of no real interest to you, eh?

Further, unless it's advertised prominently, many people would miss it.
We may be "nerds/geeks", but not all of us think immediately of mailing
lists as a means of communication.  In that sense, this group is
self-selecting.

I propose that a -job mailing list is a good thing to have, and allows
*easy* searching/archival.  The only thing lacking is pointing folks to
it when it comes up, and prominently advertising it where it's appropriate.

Kevin