[TriLUG] Lightweight X Desktop

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Nov 24 16:08:55 EST 2008

Roy Vestal wrote:
> I'm building a system that needs a simple lightweight desktop. I have
> twm but it's not doing what i need. I'd like to get suggestions from
> folks that use them.

I usually use a tiling window manager, like xmonad, wmii, dwm,
ratpoison, or awesome because I prefer using the keyboard as much as
possible and because I spend the vast majority of my *nix time in a
terminal.  I can move around and do things much quicker with a tiling
window manager and keyboard setup than moving my hands back and forth
between keyboard and mouse.

However, when I want to set up something that will be more mouse-driven,
then I like Openbox, Icewm, and Xfce.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x84F0D7B6