[TriLUG] Not Linux: Anyone else feeling the pain?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 25 09:58:35 EST 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 08:58:48 am Carl Crider wrote:
> I've never been more proud of starting a thread. Or maybe not.
>
> Back on topic, there are no jobs right now ... not in the Triangle anyway.
> I've decided to go and get my degree. Will it help[?] ... can't hurt. It's
> that or I go back to being a chef, or a welder. Both of those hurt a lot
> more than getting a degree.

Getting your degree might not help during the worst of the recession, but I'm
sure it will be extremely valuable once there are some jobs -- you'll move
right up to the short list.

If you get your masters degree, then you can teach college classes too. A lot
of older people with masters degrees teach college classes because that's the
only place a technologist doesn't experience age discrimination, and also
it's the only place where you're not required to work 60 hours a week and be
on call the rest of the time.

Getting your degree is an excellent idea, in my opinion.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US