[TriLUG] Not Linux: Anyone else feeling the pain?

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 25 12:03:41 EST 2008

We are currently out of the fall hiring season (August - October).
There will be very little available until the spring hiring season will
begins in March (March - June).

The hiring season thing are my own labels. They are based on the levels
of job postings I see and the responses I get from sending out
resumes/applications etc. Since reaching that "certain age", I have had
a lot of experience in these observations.

A good check on the state of job availability is to check the local
community colleges.
Wake Tech is packed with folks (who have reached that certain age)
retraining for more "recession proof" careers.
The classes for HVAC and Welding at Wake Tech are so full there is a
waiting list for months in advance. Plenty of jobs for those skills.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!
www.jars.net