[TriLUG] CACert

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 10:48:40 EST 2008

Brian McCullough wrote:
> Because of
> the ( finally ) installation of proper regulations governing CACert, as
> well as formation of a working Board, all members must re-confirm their
> agreement with the CACert Community Agreement ( otherwise we won't
> continue to be members ), and Assurers must pass a new test, to confirm
> that we are familiar with the rules and regulations governing Assurers.

Hi Brian,

So does this mean we need to do the same thing we did at the trilug
meeting we had a few years ago - bring two forms of ID and be witnessed?

I see the paper mentioned on the cacert.org news postings, but they
don't mention the need to re-confirm everyone there yet.  Given the
impact of that requirement, I'm surprised they don't have a large
headline mentioning it yet.

Thanks much,

Scott C.