[TriLUG] [OT] License / certs needed to do in-wall data?

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Fri Dec 5 17:36:56 EST 2008

Hi gang,

I figure this is a good place to ask such a question.  I'm thinking about
extending my offerings in my freelance IT business, and I'm wondering if
there is any licensing or certification that is required to be able to do
in-wall cabling for data (like how an electrician has to be licensed)
legally.  Skills and tools I currently have, but no paperwork.  Would
someone comment on what red tape I might need to navigate in order to do
physical-layer stuff for folks?

Thanks a ton,

~Brian