[TriLUG] "TBA" Course Curriculum and Other Matters

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Tue Dec 9 00:30:14 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:
> OK, so we have, at least tentatively, agreed on an "all day" course on
> Saturday, 3 January 2009, at ????, to cover in some fashion, the
> following topics:   ( Of course, everything is VERY flexible at this
> point -- suggest your own topics, things to cover )

If we could get one or two other people willing to share the teaching
load, I'm happy to cover a lunch where we can work out the details of
what to cover, but we should have it rough-hewn on the list, I think.

> Definitions and other Trivia
>  -- PKI
>  -- CA
>  -- PGP
>  -- others?

I would add:

--self-signed certs: why they're good and bad
--OTR for IM encryption

> Cristobal, as you pointed out, we will need a venue, some form of lunch,
> power, network access, perhaps doors ( or prizes ), ???

I can get us something on UNC's campus with enough advance warning,
but that's a bit too far West for many of you. TKLC? NCSU (or is that
too far East...)?

Our working document is here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd9hbv6t_85g6fws7d6

Email me if you want to help edit it....

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But