[TriLUG] Kickstart and system-configure-kickstart

Kevin Flanagan flanagannc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 21:27:07 EST 2008

Greetings,

  I've done a clean installation of RHEL, and have the anaconda-ks.cfg file
that's left in ~root.

  I don't have an unproxied network connection to get to RHN just yet, in
fact this system is going to be an RHN Satellite server.

When I start system-configure-kickstart and read in the anaconda-ks.cfg file
it can't find the repository, I assume that it's trying to get to
rhn.redhat.com or the like.  I'm trying to tell it to use the DVD for the
moment until I get it set up as a satellite server.  This will enable me to
build the RHN proxy server the same as this server.  Once we have that we
will have the repository on it internally and should be fine.

Should I copy the contents of DVD to a hard drive and make it a repository?
 Or can I just make it use the DVD?

Thanks a bunch!

Kevin