[TriLUG] Possible swap...every thing must go!

Dave Cowan davecowan at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 23:20:18 EST 2008

Hey follow luggers. I don't bother youse rockect scientisits to much but you have been and extremely valuable source for me ove the past 10 years in configuring and troubleshooting my home based linux servers.

I won a couple of servers in an auction from a friend's company a few years back that I would Like to get rid of (wife initiative has been implemented).

So first warning...the hardware is old. I all works, but it is old.

I have been running Fedora Core 5 on the HP3000 pedestal which has dual Pentium II  450 MGHz processors. It has been a great file and print server. Has a disk array with 4 cx 86 GB hot swappable hard drives. I actually ran a Counter Strike server off of it for a while just show I could make my children kneel before my god-like networking skills ;)

I also have a Dell Poeredge 2200 that was also being used as a file server. The scsi drive holding the SMB drive failed and I just didnt feel like messing with it any more. One of you guys could have a good time with it I am sure.

OK, here's the deal...

I am in dire need of an SLI ready Nvideo 8500 GT with 512 MB memory. Also, and/or a 500 GB to 1 TG SATA hard drive would eliviate my need for the servers.

if any of you might be interested, contact me off thread and we can be creative!

Later.

Dave Cowan
davecowan at yahoo.com

Let me know if you want pictures.