[TriLUG] New Vista laptop needs Linux

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Dec 16 11:59:33 EST 2008

When I bought a laptop from Costco 2 years ago, I checked both with the
salesman and with customer service. My question:

I need to wipe out Windows and install Linux on this computer. If the computer
fails to run Linux, it's of no use to me. Can I get a refund on it in that
case.

Both the salesman and customer service said "Yes. Keep your receipt, and
return it any time within (as I remember) 60 days for a full refund."

Now you know why I buy my laptops at Costco.

By the way, most of the time I've been able to sneakily boot live distros on
display laptops at Costco.

SteveT