[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Meeting reminder: this Thurs 8th Jan - 7pm - RH in Raleigh

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Wed Jan 7 10:49:04 EST 2009

They don't have facilities for a group the size of TriLUG.

If you want to see the place, just drop by - they are not
really open yet, but there is usually someone there. Or contact
Scott Saxon (see the website) for a tour.  Just before Christmas,
they were drywalling and (re)running network and phone cables.
The only tool that had setup at the time was a ShopBot - which is
quite a lot of fun to work with (I took the class).

Chris

Paul McLanahan wrote:
> Does anyone know anyone involved in the new TechShop Durham? I have no
> idea when they open or if they will even have any meeting space
> available, but since they do classes I thought perhaps they might. I
> would think they might be open to the idea since many of our members
> would probably find the place fascinating and end up as paying
> customers, not to mention it would be great community outreach for
> them. It's very centrally located and very near the park (just off the
> corner of S. Miami and TW Alexander).
>
> http://www.durham.techshop.ws/
>
> And besides, I'd really like to see the place :)
>
> Paul

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services