[TriLUG] MythTV and TWC (was TV Tuner Card suggestion) [may be OT]

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 12:52:17 EST 2009

Brian Blater wrote:

> One of the questions I have is with cable service or how to get the
> QAM signals. I only have TWC basic cable at home. Are those of you
> with TWC basic able to get the digital signals from the basic cable or
> are you putting an OTA antenna outside to get the digital signals?

Yes, you can receive the QAM equivalents of the basic cable channels.
I'm near downtown Raleigh and can get those OTA, so I decided to drop TW
completely. Who needs a middleman?

> Also, do most of you use one of the online listers like ScheduleDirect
> to get your listings?

+1 SchedulesDirect. Well worth the $20/yr.

See my MythTV category for more info on my Myth escapades:
http://www.markturner.net/category/mythtv/

--
Mark Turner
www.markturner.net