[TriLUG] Linux for the home user

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Fri Jan 23 11:19:44 EST 2009

My wife worked for the state before she retired. Her work  pc was a
windows xp machine. I set her up with a linux box for the purpose of
email, games, internet browsing, picture viewing ( both video and
still ) and listening to music.

The box is running ubuntu 8.10 (now ). I started with redhat, then
fedora, then ubuntu. I changed about once a year.  No problems with
any except fedora seemed very memory hungry and I switched to ubuntu.

My wife just sat down and started using linux without any instruction.
She is defined as a linux newbie, but her time on the winxp box was
instruction enough.

jcj

Jc Jones
Blogs -