[TriLUG] Ubuntu vs Fedora, was Re: Linux Distribution for server Opinions

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:58:06 EST 2009

In the past I would have said that I was not a fan of GNOME myself.
However, I can say that it is growing on me.

I recently installed the Kubuntu 8.10 (Because EVERY SINGLE ONE of my
systems suffered some sort of failure catastrophic in the last 3
months), and the new KDE 4 has just ticked me off and made itself
aggravating with numerous sorts of GOTCHAS. I a fit of pique one night,
I wiped all my systems and moved to Ubuntu. Obviously KDE 4 has it's
problems and maybe I will move back to it one day.

You know I read this past week (Slash Dot) that Linus Torvalds made the
switch to Gnome as well for some of the same reasons.

Now if I can just get this CRT resolution issue resolved every thing
will be just peachy.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!