[TriLUG] Suggested Router OS? may be OT.

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 10:02:06 EST 2009

 We've been using CENTOS in our lab environment to set up "pizza box"
routers. My feeling is that this install is too heavy and I'm looking
for a new, much lighter solution. We use DHC_relay, tcp_dump, ipv4 & 6
support, and on some boxes we will install Wireshark for testing. If I
can't find a "one box" solution today, I may just brew my own router
project and be done with it. Oh, we are a 95% RPM-based lab, so I'd
like to stay with that in order to make administration equal across
the room.

 Input, questions, etc. are gladly accepted.

thnx

Carl