[TriLUG] Suggested Router OS? may be OT.

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Jan 29 10:08:23 EST 2009

> We've been using CENTOS in our lab environment to set up "pizza box"
> routers. My feeling is that this install is too heavy...

If CentOS works for your routers, then that sounds like a fine
solution to me.  If there is a reason to shrink (small disk space,
running from flash, constrained memory, too many services running,
load is high), then shrink or find another distro.  But there is
nothing wrong with running a complete desktop or server oriented
distro on a machine whose primary job is routing.

Alan (who runs Ubuntu server on his router)

.