[TriLUG] Suggested Asterisk voip setup

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 30 12:07:11 EST 2009

Mark's advice (as always) is sage.

There is a nice exception though. TimeWarner is now selling SIP trunking for business use. For our remote Soho clients attached via Cable, we have started using these for our VoIP Fax lines and it is working well (so far!). And if it works well for faxing, it's got to be very good for voice.

Of course the service is new, but so far it seems solid. I would only use if if you were directly on-net with TimeWarner Cable.

Jon Carnes
FeatureTel