[TriLUG] HDD Bootability, WAS OT: Looking slightly used Notebook HDD

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Fri Feb 6 09:07:25 EST 2009

Just to expand my own knowledge here..  So you're talking about some
kind of hardware failure that can't be corrected by writing a new boot
sector?  Seems like if there's any logical manoeuver that could trash
said sector, there would also be one able to repair it.  I guess I've
never had the fortune of a drive with a "physically" faulty boot sector
that wasn't just totally hosed overall.