[TriLUG] CAcert meeting -- how to prepare

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Mon Feb 9 17:37:50 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Lee Fickenscher <elfick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I check the cert every time I go to a new site where I think it will
> matter (ie. if I'm entering information) and I periodically check the certs
> for sites that I have been to before (Bank, online retailers, etc).

Ditto.

I take great comfort in the larger, green badge in the address bar in
Firefox when you hit sites like paypal.

People should definitely understand that CAcert is NOT going to be for
you if what you're trying to do is set up a new e-commerce site. This
is more like for those of you who want to have a wiki for all your
employees to use and you want to tie into LDAP so that people don't
need a different password, but you also don't want them sending their
passwords in the clear.

We'll go over this and more at the meeting on Thursday.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"The fun thing is to try to persuade others to share your opinions