[TriLUG] Test Message

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Mon Mar 2 17:12:01 EST 2009

> Was this a planned outage or a meltdown?

This was an unplanned outage caused by some sort of exploit.

Right now, all of the sysadmins have been working to get
the various services (user accounts, email, mailing list,
web services) back up and running, and no one has had time
to analyze what happened.  But we did save the exploited
filesystems, and they will be looked at in time.

We'll post more as we know more.  In the meantime, user
accounts and email and email lists are back, and I don't
think we lost anything.  Everyone had their passwords reset,
since we did not restore the old kerberos system (we're
using LDAP now).

If you're having a specific problem, let me know, either
at porter at trilug.org or alan at alanporter.com.

And next time you see a sysadmin, SC member or volunteer,
make sure you give them a big "thanks".

Alan

.