[TriLUG] open source god

Shawn Hartsock hartsock at acm.org
Thu Mar 5 11:01:07 EST 2009

It turns out http://www.liferay.com/ was a project started with nearly
the same charter. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liferay#History
the Liferay logo is even designed to bring to mind a stained glass
window.

Profiles of Liferay supporters and contributors such as this one:
http://www.liferay.com/web/josh/profile ... show that the product's
focus is still very much in the non-profit sector. In fact I sought to
have a Liferay product customized for commercial use and ran into a
road block... we were a for *profit* organization and the Liferay
company seems to prefer working with non-profits.

/** Shawn.Hartsock http://hartsock.blogspot.com/  //*/