[TriLUG] so you think you've been rooted...

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Wed Mar 11 10:37:38 EDT 2009

Jarod Watkins wrote:
> I also run roundcube, however only on https. So far no script kiddies have
> tried to attack it. I believe most of their tools do not have tls support
> compiled in, so very few scan on https. Or maybe its just because I am so
> small no one cares.

Nope.  I had my personal server rooted via roundcube a few weeks ago.
Only person on the server is me, but they still went after it and
installed an IRC-controlled DDOS bot.

Always fun to rebuild a server first thing in the morning.

--[Lance]

--
 GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
 CACert.org Assurer