[TriLUG] new linux user

John Gustafson jag217 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:03:14 EDT 2009

Hello all

I am returning to linux after several years using windows.  Now that I am
out of software professionally, I'm free to use and study open source
again.  Linux has come a long way in ten years and am amazed at how easy
Ubuntu was to install.   This has opened many paths to explore.  Is the
trilug group highly technical.  I would consider my self new to moderately
experienced at least in UNIX.  As far as GUI I've used the X windows system
on sun sparc stations (eos) at NCSU.  UNIX programming certificate at WTCC.
I live in Greenville, NC so could anyone let me know your opinions or what
to expect at the trilug meeting this evening?  Is there food?

Thanks
John