[TriLUG] LVM Experts

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Thu Mar 12 13:43:56 EDT 2009

I need some LVM advice.  I had a system that was using lvm and the power
supply failed.  I removed the hard drive to another machine.  How do I
get access to the lvm volumes on the drive.  Since the old system failed
I didn't do a vgexport so I apparently can't do a vgimport on the new
system.  To further complicate matters the volume group names are the
same on the 2 systems, so I now have 2 drives labeled as the same volume
group.
--
Steve Kuekes

Insight Racing - Urban Grand Challenge('07) - http://www.insightracing.org
Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)
email: skuekes at nc.rr.com