[TriLUG] web hosting solutions

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Mar 13 12:25:21 EDT 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 04:31:54 pm Chris Bullock wrote:
> We are currently using web hosting solution that is getting less and less
> reliable for our corporate web site.  We are in the need of Apache, php and
> MySQL with very high availability with ssh access. Recommendations are
> needed.
> We have investigated and although we have ample the bandwidth, it seems
> that it is still cheaper for someone else to host it than host it
> ourselves. Chris

I use Bluehost for Troubleshooters.Com, and am mucho pleased. More than enough
bandwidth to accommodate my >5000 visits per day, and if Troubleshooters.Com
has been down, I've never heard of it. MySQL, Perl, RAILS, and all the other
goodies.

One terrible thing about Bluehost. They throttle their mailing lists, so if
your mailing list has significantly more than 10 or 20 people, it could be
hours before you receive back a message you send to the list, especially if
everyone else is sending messages at the same time. For instance, the TriLUG
mailing list could NVER be hosted on Bluehost.

But for everything else, they're outstanding.

I'll also recommend FutureQuest (http://www.futurequest.net/). Kevin Korb
works for them, as do others of his caliber.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US