[TriLUG] web hosting solutions

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Sat Mar 14 11:15:56 EDT 2009

Brian McCullough wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 05:14:53PM -0400, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for Slicehost.
>>
>> +1 for slicehost. Note that slicehost is now owned by Rackspace.
>
> I suppose that I should bring up 1&1.

I've had bad luck with 1&1, and when problems came up they were not
responsive and when I attempted to leave they overcharged me.

I've been very happy Fat Cow.  Both Linux and Solaris hosts, full ssh
access besides the usual, knowledgeable tech folks, and tuned very well
for database intensive sites.  Choices of database engines.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA