[TriLUG] Perl Appology

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Sun Mar 15 16:08:42 EDT 2009

I don't believe anyone was offended.  I certainly wasn't.  I merely
observed that I wasn't going to break something that was moderately
functional.

I don't believe in using die() unless the situation is dire.  Even then,
depending on the application, it's often better to log the error and move
on.

There are, however, some constructs in which die() is a commonly used way
to try/catch errors (See Exception::Class, for example).

Anyhow, your point was well made, I just ignored the convention for the
present problem :-)

William Sutton