[TriLUG] "IP Passthrough" and AT&T 1-Wire

Rob Lockhart rlockhar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 00:03:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 16:42, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:

> This makes my original question much less critical, although I would
> still appreciate some guidance there.

I'm assuming you mean regarding setting the modem to bridge mode?  I.e., let
PPPoE be handled by your NAT router.  Unfortunately, I have only used the
overly-complicated 2-Wire 3700 and 3800 HGV-B (what is being deployed today
with U-verse) at work, and my instructions for setting that up may not be
identical to what you need.  I was hoping there were some docs somewhere on
the dslreports website.  Sure enough, searching their site only showed a few
hits for 2-Wire 2701, but google was my friend:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18486578-problems-authenticating-2wire-2701-in-Bridge-mode

Hope that helps.

  -Rob

P.S. sorry for the late reply, been hell at work...