[TriLUG] Cheap DD-WRT box...

Shane O. shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 10:02:03 EDT 2009

TWIMC -

Let me go on record to say that if you're looking for low-cost
consumer network gear, Linksys beats Netgear and D-Link (among others)
hands down.  That said, the following proved too enticing for me to
pass up (and to share)...

NewEgg has a Netgear recertified Wireless-N router which claims to be
DD-WRT-compatible for $25 w/ free shipping.

   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122266

If you've never played with any of the "alternative firmwarez", now's
your chance.  If you get and decide you don't like it, sell it on
Craigslist for $30 and make enough money to buy me a Guinness at the
Flying Saucer someday.

Shane O.