[TriLUG] [OT] motorcycles

Z-man czdrummer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:36:47 EDT 2009

I ride a BMW R1100R, one of the first made - 1995.  The bike is well
supported with parts and trustworthy enough for me to take 600 mile
trips without a problem.  I have a Russell Day Long saddle and have
been in the seat for up to 11 hours with out a problem.  I love doing
long long trips and hope one day to do an IRON BUTT rally.  However, I
will say this is my first BMW and the repairs are generally twice the
price of a comparable Japanese bike.  The down side to the Japanese
bikes is that they generally stop making parts for them after five
years or shorter.
I offer this info because it might help Warren with his choice for a
first bike.  Price being a certain priority and different for us all,
his total cost of ownership might drive him towards a Japanese bike.
After a couple of years riding that, he might want to step into
another brand or type.

http://www.cycletrader.com