[TriLUG] X problems (and happy Easter!)

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 12 08:01:02 EDT 2009

More than likely you are running some application inside of X that is consuming memory. Next time you do top press M to look at the percentage of memory used by each application.

You might also want to kill off various apps and see if X becomes responsive again.

The only time I've seen X lock up is when my HD was dying and the applications running were waiting *long* times for the reads/writes to be commited. But I could kill off those apps and X would be responsive again.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes