[TriLUG] decorum

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Fri Apr 17 16:23:52 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Scott Lambdin <lopaki at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand the term troll correctly, it means someone who posts with
> the aim to start arguments.  That is not my motivation.  I feel like I
> should speak when people say things like...

http://xkcd.com/386/

Scott, I do the same thing. I'm sorry if I offended you or Mr.
Cox--that certainly was not my intention. Also, I certainly don't mean
to justify discrimination in any form. The point of my
less-than-15-people response was to make clear that Mr. Cox cannot
possibly jump to the conclusion that the OP is breaking the law, even
if being a Christian is not a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification.
Would it be sad and wrong to demand that applicants be Christian if
it's not a BFOQ? Yes. Would it still be legal if they have fewer than
15 employees? Yes. Does anybody on this list really care? Probably
not. Should I have therefor refrained from replying? Probably so.

If you'll excuse me, I have a corrupted filesystem to babysit.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"The fun thing is to try to persuade others to share your opinions