[TriLUG] what is blocking a website in winxp?

Glenn Hennessee glenn.hennessee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:11:29 EDT 2009

Are you sure there isn't spyware/malware on the system? Norton doesn't
look for spyware as far as I know. I like Ad-aware from LavaSoft; Spybot
Search and Destroy; and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. They all have free
versions you can download and install and use. Make sure you get those
names and not a "sound alike" program. Try
http://download.cnet.com/windows/spyware-removers/?tag=bc for downloads.
NC State just switched to Trend Micro from Symantec Corporate antivirus
because they think it's better software. Can you ping the site from her
computer? or telnet to port 80 on the site? I have seen proxy servers
installed that the user didn't know about that created problems but
nothing quite like this.

glenn

--
Glenn Hennessee