[TriLUG] USENIX LISA '09 Call for Papers Deadline Approaching

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Wed Apr 22 14:06:20 EDT 2009

Dear Colleague,

I'm writing to remind you that the LISA '09 paper submissions deadline
is approaching. Please submit all work by Thursday, April 30, 2009.

The Web submission form can be found at:
https://papers.usenix.org/hotcrp/lisa09/index

Submission guidelines are located at:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa09/cfp/papers.html

Since 1987, the annual LISA conference has become the premier meeting
place for professional system and network administrators and 2009 is no
exception.

New for 2009:
-- We're looking for papers showcasing both theory and practice. The
"practice" papers can be less formal. However, they still need to
provide not only what was done, but also what was learned and why other
sysadmins would want to know.

-- Pre-shepherding is available. Submit an idea or an outline and get
feedback before writing the full paper. This is perfect for those who
are looking to submit for the first time or are unsure if their ideas
really merit full papers.

-- Only draft full papers will be accepted.

We're also still looking for any ideas you have for Guru Is In sessions,
Work-in-Progress Reports, posters, and training sessions. See below for
the full list of deadlines.

Email your ideas to the program chair: lisa09ideas at usenix.org

We look forward to hearing from you!

On behalf of the LISA '09 Organizers,

Adam Moskowitz, SiCortex, Inc.
LISA '09 Program Chair
lisa09chair at usenix.org

IMPORTANT DATES
Refereed papers submissions due: April 30, 2009
Proposals for invited talks, workshops, Guru Is In sessions, and
tutorials due: May 29, 2009
Notification to all submitters: July 7, 2009
Final papers due: August 22, 2009
Poster proposals due: September 18, 2009
Notification to poster presenters: September 25, 2009
Submission guidelines and more information can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/lisa09/cfpc