[TriLUG] what is blocking a website in winxp?

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:00:52 EDT 2009

Wow. Although the birth of another linux box is always good new, this
is too weird an issue to leave unresolved.

Have you unplugged and restarted the router(s)?

Before you reinstall. Type "msinfo32" into the Start, Run and hit
enter. Note the NIC type and driver so you can update it (now or
later). I'd reinstall and update the NIC for sure.

Also use "msconfig" in the Run box, enter, and see what you find in
the Start, or Startup tab.
You can google the unfamiliar entries. Remove (uncheck) any
unfriendlies and apply.

Of course, a fresh lin install would be nearly finished in the same
amount of time. ;)