[TriLUG] what is blocking a website in winxp?

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Thu Apr 23 16:58:23 EDT 2009

All

Problem is temporarily solved. It appears that each time the the site
was blocked the router's firewall logged a "invalid tcp header" error.
I disabled firewall within router and made sure that firewalls within
the house computers are up and working.

By disabling the firewall within the netgear router, the problem has
disappeared.

Now the BIG QUESTION(s) are..
1. why was I able to access the site using knoppix distro on cd for my
operating system? 2. Is there something within the request being sent
to the website that is returned in the tcp header that is being sent
corrupted within the winxp or ubuntu?
3. Why would it not be corrupted within knoppix???

At least the lady can now send resumes to the website and Hopefully
find the work she needs.

I need to learn more about LANs and WANs and such THANGs.

Thanks for all the input so far. Hopefully someone can shed light on
my above questions.

jcj