[TriLUG] Linux Netbook

Emmaus Smith esmith.blackberry at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:11:57 EDT 2009

I've got a mini 9 with Ubuntu pre-installed at home. On the whole it's a
pretty nice system.

I use NFS for everything media-related at home, so it works great as a
portable media player. I also find myself using it as a NX viewer or an
on-the-go machine. It's pretty handy to have around while watching TV on the
couch too.

The keyboard is relatively small and pretty uncomfortable for me (I use
Dvorak and the mini has a few keys remapped to Fn keys and/or moved around),
but is sufficient for occassional typing.

I'm going to try upgrading the netbook remix to 9.04 sometime soon. It came
with Ubuntu 8.04 installed.

--es