[TriLUG] TW and Embarq work to keep Wilson style internet from spreading

Michael Kimsal mgkimsal at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:51:47 EDT 2009

I'm not sure I see that as a problem.  Can TW honestly say that there's
absolutely no spill over from any other part of the TW infrastructure that
helps them roll out service in new areas?  There's certainly no income *from
cable service* from town X coming in to TW when they decide to roll out
service to town X.  They're using funds from other parts of their business
to finance expansion, right?  I'm really not sure how this is much
different, at all.  If anything, I don't really mind *my* property tax
helping to fund high speed internet in *my* neighborhood.  It's much
preferable (to me) to funding expansion of TW in to other cities which is
paid for with *my* service fees to TW.

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM, metro305 <metro305 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  The possible problem with Wilson's Greenlight broadband is that it will
> not
> pay for itself rather will rely on other avenues of revenue (higher
> property
> tax or electricity rates) to pay the the operating cost and repay the bond.

Michael Kimsal
http://jsmag.com - for javascript developers
http://groovymag.com - for groovy developers
919.827.4724